Hey, problem-solver! Do you have a passion for modern, open-source technologies?
We're strengthening our engineering team with a Software Engineer to join us in building world-class products that will enrich our customer's daily lives. We’re looking for a true problem-solver that thrives when given the autonomy to solve complex tasks using modern technologies. At CoopX we have the ambition to challenge the status quo every day - and we’re therefore looking for engineers that share our approach. Are you thinking differently? Good! Do you want to challenge our way of thinking, the tools or technologies we use or our approach and methodologies, while at the same time creating awesome products and services? Welcome to CoopX!
As a software engineer at CoopX, believe your day to day will look somewhat like this:
- Play an important role in the development and improvement of both new and existing applications and services on the backend of our platform that will be consumed by a number of client-facing applications
- Design, develop and implement high-quality APIs on our platform, and together with our Advanced Analytics team identify and source data from across the company
- Take part in technical discussions, iterations and decisions with the rest of the team
- Be a driving force in the development processes and work closely with product managers, the advanced analytics team, design and external resources
- Improve and define our platform tech stack and tools together with our Engineering managers and Head of Engineering
- Take part in roadmap planning as well as analyzing our current solutions, deciding what can be reused and what we should develop in the future
We think you have some of the following:
- You are a strong problem-solver, thriving when tackling complex software engineering tasks
- A pragmatic approach to languages, having knowledge of open-source languages such as Python, Go, Node or similar
- The ability to take initiative and responsibility within your area of expertise
- You thrive working in small, cross-functional teams but also likes to work independently
- Solid experience with operating in a cloud environment, working with microservice-based architecture in AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience with designing, developing and implementing APIs
- A strong Devops/DevSecOps mindset with good knowledge of tools and technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes to facilitate CI/CD
We believe you also will need this:
- 3+ years of experience with backend software development from inhouse or consultancy
- Higher education within relevant fields (BSc, MSc or similar) or relevant working experience
- English fluency
Why should you join CoopX?
- The chance to take part in build and shape one of the most exciting commitments the retail and consumer goods industry have seen in a long time
- Work with modern, open-source technologies and some of the most interesting data foundations in the industry to solve complex and important business problems that benefit all of Coop’s customers and 1,9 million co-owners
- You’ll be a part of an ambitious and diverse team with a startup mindset, no hierarchy, but at the same time backing from a large organisation
- A high degree of autonomy where it’s up to you and your team to define technologies and tools to solve the problem ahead
- Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development (e.g. conferences, training, time to work on own projects/upskilling, etc.)
- Fresh office spaces in central Oslo at Epicenter and at our HQ in Grorud with a high degree of freedom and flexibility on working hours and location
- Gear and equipment (Mac/Windows/Linux) to be provided when you begin your adventure with us
- Competitive compensation package in addition to good pension and insurance schemes
- Relocation assistance if moving to Norway
- Other benefits like mobile phone and internet coverage, company cabins and discounts in all Coop stores
In CoopX, we craft innovative, digital products and services for millions of Norwegians.
Retail is changing. Our mission is to lead industry innovation through digital products and services for all our 1,9 million co-owners and even more customers, making groceries and shopping hassle-free - allowing you to spend time on more important matters.
Our deliveries vary from apps, websites and hardware/software to support our unmanned stores, to payment and e-commerce solutions. Data is at the centre of all we do and we're developing advanced analytics products for a wide range of proposes.
Since our beginnings in 2018, we've grown into a full-sized team of 28. We are engineers, data scientists, designers and product managers from a wide variety of backgrounds and cultures. We are passionate about how technology and data can be used to make shopping smarter and more efficient, and we love to have a lot of fun while doing so.
We're a part of Coop, Norway's second-largest consumer goods and retail operator. As a customer-owned organisation, we differ from our competitors and this is being reflected in our vision - it should pay off to choose Coop. Through memberships in one of our 87 cooperatives, we have more than 1.9 million Norwegians that own the organisations. Being a member of Coop gives one the opportunity to influence and take part in the profits we create. We do not exist to make a few persons rich - we create value for you and me, hence our vision. This does not only apply to our customers and co-owners, but also to suppliers, our employees and the society around us that we're all a part of.