About the job
Fjord Line is searching for a technical superintendent that wants to become part of a great work environment based at Fjord Line’s office in Hirtshals.
Are you motivated by responsibility and fast-paced, ever-changing workdays?
While reporting to the COO, you will be responsible for ensuring efficient and safe daily technical operations of our fleet. Your point of contact is wide-ranging, and you thrive in a role, which involves a high level of contact with both external and internal parties.
Your main responsibilities will be to manage technical, operational, and maintenance-related assistance across all ships and LNG facilities.
You must therefore be well organized and manage to keep your cool and remain in control during hectic and fast-paced situations.
You will be responsible for the planning and coordination of a range of tasks in relation to the operation of our ships and must follow up on performance and ensure that deadlines are met. It is therefore important that you are cooperative and are able to communicate expectations and requirements clearly and understandably.
Furthermore, you possess a comprehensive understanding of the technical knowledge of ships and keeps abreast with the industry standards and regulations.
Additionally, you work well in teams and must occasionally expect to spend workdays onboard our ships.
- Carry out inspections and routine maintenance tasks of our fleet, including planning and execution of dry docking.
- Manage all technical matters and ensure that safety and work environment onboard is up to standards.
- Manage financial budgets and cost control.
- Support and cooperate with internal departments and functions within the company in terms of the operation of our fleet, in which necessary travel activity must be expected.
- Ensure that all vessel certification and surveys for class, flag and international requirements are in order.
- Initiate innovations, savings, and improvements within the area of responsibility.
- Monitor the quality of all service providers.
- Educational background as a Naval Architect or Marine Engineer, preferably with experience from seagoing service as C/E or 2.eng onboard passenger vessels.
- Possesses thorough knowledge of the industry and current legislations concerning technical and administrative affairs.
- Able user of different IT platforms including Microsoft Office, Sertica, Seahealth and other maritime specific programs.
- Has a great work ethic that is coherent with the company’s values.
- Has passion for cooperating across departments and appreciates working in a fast-paced technical operations environment.
- Fluent in English.
- According to qualifications and private terms.
About Fjord Line
Fjord Line was founded in 1993 and is today Norway's second largest ferry company in international passenger and freight traffic between Denmark, Norway and Sweden with a market share of 21%.
We are a young shipping company that has grown considerably in recent years by introducing new, modern ships to our fleet, expanding our route network and by providing our guests and freight customers with exceptional service and value for money. Fjord Line is built on healthy values. Everything we do is characterized by action, responsibility, respect and commitment. The company employs approximately 800 employees and transports over 1.4 million passengers annually.
Our four ships operate on five ferry routes between Denmark, Norway and Sweden. In addition to passenger traffic, we also offer freight of commercial vehicles and goods.
Fjordline technical office is located in Hirtshals Denmark. Candidates must be willing to relocate within reasonable distance to the office for daily commute.