Could you envision yourself at the forefront of an exciting fleet?
...and be a part of a great team based at Fjord Line’s office in Hirtshals? Then now is your chance.
Are you motivated by responsibility and fast-paced, ever-changing workdays?
While reporting to the COO, you will be responsible for managing all technical operations of our fleet, where ensuring efficiency and safety is a priority. Your point of contact is wide-ranging, and you must thrive in a role, which involves a high level of contact with both external and internal parties.
Your main responsibilities will be to manage technical, operational, and maintenance-related assistance across all ships and LNG facilities.
You must therefore be well organized and manage to keep cool and remain in control during hectic situations.
As you will lead a team of technical superintendents, it is important that you are cooperative and are able to communicate expectations and requirements clearly and understandably. This also entails reporting duties and desk work.
Furthermore, you possess a comprehensive understanding of the technical knowledge of ships and keeps abreast with the industry standards and regulations.
Additionally, you work well in teams and must occasionally expect to spend workdays onboard our ships.
- Manage technical superintendents, our 4 ships and their senior officers.
- Responsible for the technical tasks of the Fleet Management department.
- Implementation of a new management system, and oversee the development of maintenance systems.
- Participate in Company Quality/Health and Safety (OH&S/ISM) and Environmental Audits.
- Introduce, adjust, and distribute procedures and work instructions that relates to technical matters.
- Determine repair specifications for dry-docking, overhauling, maintenance, and surveys.
- Ensure proper up to date records are prepared during and on completion of dry-docking and repairs for actual and anticipated expenditure as well as quality of the work and timeline.
- Train, supervise and provide general guidance to your team via day-to-day operational involvement.
- Report on a day-to-day basis in terms of ships operation, and any untoward incidents on vessels in the fleet.
- Compliance with all class, flag state or any other standards and requirements.
- Keep costs down and optimize the efficiency of the ships.
- Ensuring company policies and standards are strictly followed.
- Monitor and follow up on budgetary performance.
- Preparation and evaluation of budgets and reporting to management on these.
- Preparation of management information.
- Act as a stand in for the COO during absences.
- Educational background as a naval architect or marine engineer, with previous experience in a relevant role within ship management, ship building, dry docking, engine repair, vessel overhauls etc.
- It is preferable that you have had seagoing experience.
- Possesses thorough knowledge of the industry and current legislations concerning technical and administrative affairs.
- Possesses the latest knowledge and is experienced in implementing advanced technologies that is used for inspection maintenance and repair.
- Is very organized with exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Fluent in English.
- Lives within a reasonable commuting distance from the office in Hirtshals.
- According to qualifications and private terms.
Start date on 01.12.2023 or as soon as possible thereafter.
If you have any questions about the recruitment process, you can contact Fjord Line HR by sending an email to email@example.com.
About Fjord Line
Fjord Line was founded in 1993 and is today Norway's second largest ferry company in international passenger and freight traffic between Denmark, Norway and Sweden with a market share of 21%.
We are a young shipping company that has grown considerably in recent years by introducing new, modern ships to our fleet, expanding our route network and by providing our guests and freight customers with exceptional service and value for money. Fjord Line is built on healthy values. Everything we do is characterized by action, responsibility, respect and commitment. The company employs approximately 800 employees and transports over 1.4 million passengers annually.
Our four ships operate on five ferry routes between Denmark, Norway and Sweden. In addition to passenger traffic, we also offer freight of commercial vehicles and goods.
Fjord line technical office is located in Hirtshals Denmark. Candidates must be willing to relocate within reasonable distance to the office for daily commute.